Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
TrestleTree RN Health Coach at Princeton University
Princeton, NJ 08544 United States
Community Health Nurse
Are you a Licensed Registered Nurse or Nurse Practitioner?
Are you eager to be part of an innovative partnership?
TrestleTree is a leading national health transformation company who has partnered with Princeton University to offer onsite health coaching for Princeton University employees. We are hiring full-time RNs or NPs to be part of this exciting program to help individuals improve their health. A broad knowledge base of medical conditions managed in primary care and experience working with a diverse population is preferred. TrestleTree Health Coaches are trained extensively to help and motivate individuals to achieve optimal health on a sustained basis. We are seeking experienced RNs or NPs who are passionate, are able to work independently and as part of a team, have excellent oral and written communication skills, are proficient on the computer, and are able to collaborate with local physicians.
Please submit resume before Friday, April 19th
A TrestleTree Health Coach provides regular, scheduled, ongoing interventions for condition management, weight management, tobacco cessation, nutrition, exercise and/or stress. The Health Coach also works closely with the Princeton University Benefits and Employee Health teams to initiate, host and/or support wellness seminars, enrollment activities, departmental meetings, presentations, program development and enhancements, etc.
The Health Coach engages participants in a highly personalized manner to facilitate achievement of optimal health on a sustained basis. The Health Coach helps change individual behaviors that keep participants from losing weight, eating healthy, incorporating physical activity, and improving their overall health and well-being. A TrestleTree Health Coach develops personal plans and provides tools and education for achieving lasting behavioral change. All TrestleTree Health Coaches participate in an initial training that is four-five weeks in length, with continued ongoing supervision and training thereafter. The successful candidate will work with Princeton University employees, staff and family members on the main campus or at various community locations to help them improve their overall health status. Flexibility with work hours – including evenings and weekends - is paramount to building a culture of wellness with a diverse population. Travel will be required between some locations.
Education, training, experience:
Essential Job Functions:
• Provide ongoing health coaching face-to-face with participants in the areas of condition management (targeting hypertension and diabetes), weight management, tobacco cessation, nutrition, exercise and stress. Adjusts to individual participant preferences for contact including telephonic and electronic/email coaching. Assess readiness for change and find creative ways to build incremental success and/or remove obstacles to change.
• Manage caseload and participants through extensive rescheduling process.
• Conduct enrollment activities to engage participants. These activities may consist of completing health surveys, administering health risk assessments, participating in screening activities, making presentations to raise program awareness at departmental meetings, lunch ‘n learns, etc. The TrestleTree Health Coach will identify and suggest outreach and awareness opportunities to continuously increase engagement levels with health coaching.
• Participate in meetings with local physicians to facilitate treatment to goal and physician directives for participants.
• Maintain accurate, secure documentation for all participants, including recording applicable lab values and progress toward stated goals.
• Participate actively in both initial and ongoing TrestleTree training, including continued individual supervision and group Coach meetings.
• Support TrestleTree’s Quality Management program goals and objectives in all activities.
• Fully knowledgeable about Princeton University’s culture, benefit programs and tools to appropriately utilize all resources to support achievement of all wellness and condition management program goals.
• Collaborate with various Princeton departments to support and/or conduct on-site wellness activities that will foster engagement in condition management for hypertension and diabetes.
• Complete special projects to fulfill business needs.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher and current licensure in New Jersey as a Registered Nurse or Nurse Practitioner
Experience: Two-five years or more of successful health coaching with diverse clients
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Flexibility to adjust to changing business needs.
• Ability to create an empathic relationship and a high level of trust with participants.
• High level of professionalism in working with individuals associated with Princeton University and physicians
Terms & Conditions